" " " Last Life | Mood Rings "

วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 20 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Last Life

A poem that was inspired by the film Last Life In the Universe. You can find a slightly different, instrumental-only version here: vimeo.com -------------------------------------- Sitting in the bathtub Blowing rings of smoke towards the ceiling Im pondering my existence Have I done my best? What have I accomplished so far? Am I truly happy? These questions are not even relevant. The only important one is Is this my last life In this universe? The phone rings, drones, drills Holes into my brain But when Im about to pick it up, The ringing stops And the lines dead. I dont know anybody Who would call me Anyway. I look at the shadows decline and recline In the sweet silence and solace of my room. Dwelling upon the transience of elements Makes me aware of my own mortality. What if this is the last life I have in this cold universe? One last chance? I can feel the time stand still In my cold blue room; Its a somnolent summer Sunday But it has the mood of winter days. The clouds in the sky look down on me And the sun shines without pity and burns; The wind between the bamboo reeds whispers And the sickly smell of papaya knows That this is the last Life in the universe.

Cotton Tights

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น